Below is all the information on current Barque Hill Association Committees. If you are not already a member of a committee, please consider joining. It’s a nice way to meet your neighbors!
Chair: Jessie Chai
Recent projects have included:
- Planting of flowers in front of the Barque Hill rocks at the Till Rock Land and Barque Hill Drive entrances to the neighborhood
- Hanging wreathes on the fences during the holidays
Do you have any ideas? A green thumb, perhaps? Volunteers are always welcome. Perhaps you would like to adopt a small section of one of our common areas, and spruce it up. However you might like to contribute, please contact Jessie Chai at 781-826-2792.
Chair: Bob Ashley
This committee takes responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of all of our common lands: Barque Hill Drive, Barque Hill Trail, Barque Hill Common, Landing Green, Till Rock Park, and Shipyard Park. Projects include cleaning of trash and debris, clearing of brush, and maintenance and replacement of fences and signs.
Current members include: Half your neighbors if last August during Irene is any example!
Occasional calls go out to the entire membership when it’s time to pitch in on major projects. These activities not only improve the appearance and value of our neighborhood, but also offer a chance to socialize with old friends and make new ones. Notices will be posted on this website, and signs will be posted at the entrances to the neighborhood on Barque Hill Drive and Till Rock Lane.
If you would like to join this committee or volunteer to help on a single project, please contact Bob Ashley at 781-924-1328.
Social Committee & Activities
Chair: Dan Uhlman
Each year various social activities are planned to allow residents of Barque Hill to keep in touch with each other, and to get acquainted with new neighbors.
Events typically include:
- Annual Fall Picnic
- Ice skating under the lights at the Bedfords, arguably one of the nicest home ice rinks in Plymouth County not located on a body of water, complete with Zamboni
- Impromptu soccer and football down at Shipyard Park
If you have any suggestions, questions, or would like to volunteer to help, please contact Dan Uhlman by email or by phone at 781-924-1994.
Chair: Poppy Troupe
Current committee members:
- Rosemary Spurway
- Kelly Ashley
- Rena Thorbahn
- Tom Flynn
- Dianne Uhlman
This committee was formed to ensure that new residents receive a personal welcome soon after moving in. Volunteer ambassadors will stop by to say hello and deliver a welcome package which includes:
- GIFT: a small gift with a “Norwell connection” to help make a new house feel like home
- LETTER: a welcome letter from the Barque Hill Association, to introduce new residents to the neighborhood, our common lands, social activities, etc.